Lecturer in Media & Communication
Interactive Media team
A wholly owned subsidiary of Birmingham City University (Formerly UCE Birmingham), the Technology Innovation Centre (tic) is a national centre of excellence providing training and support for individuals and organisations to develop their capabilities within a rapidly evolving, technology-based society.
Starting Salary within the range £26,281 - £30,880
Part Time - 18.5 hours per week
As a key member of our Interactive Media team, apply your skills and knowledge to develop, deliver and co-ordinate programmes of learning, technology transfer, applied research and business development.
Educated to Degree level or equivalent you will either hold a teaching qualification or be willing to study for one. With a good general skills and knowledge base of the overall television / new media production process you will have a particular demonstrable interest and experience in at least one and probably several of the following areas:
- Script development and screen studies
- Television Journalism
- Media and Communication Theory
Based at Millennium Point, Birmingham, the successful candidate will:
- Undertake responsibility for the development and delivery of undergraduate modules particularly in the TV Journalism, scripting and screen studies, Media and Communication Theory areas.
- Generate, support and supervise student projects and placements.
- Undertake appropriate quality assurance responsibilities for course delivery, assessment, evaluation and the students experience.
- Promote the Centre for Interactive Media and it's courses.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of short courses, consultancy and other income generating activities.
- Encourage, develop and sustain appropriate links with the Television industry.
tic offers employees private healthcare, childcare vouchers, a final salary pension scheme, flexible working and professional development.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 25th August 2008 at 5pm.