Submissions sought for Higher Education, Emerging Technologies, and Community Partnerships, a book edited by Melody Bowdon, PhD (Associate Professor, Department of English, University of Central Florida, USA) and Russell Carpenter, PhD (Director, Noel Studio for Academic Creativity, Eastern Kentucky University, USA) To be published in 2011 by IGI Global.
We seek manuscripts that document and assess partnerships between institutions of higher education and K-12 schools, nonprofit organizations, government agencies, and corporations that have been made successful (or even unsuccessful in interesting ways) in part through the use of emerging and evolving digital technologies.
Topics or sites might include
- service-learning; internships; volunteer programs; cooperative
- education; distance-learning; continuing education;
- professional schools such as law, medicine, education, and nursing;
- community development programs including alumni relations and fundraising; sponsored research.
- social networking,
- mobile devices,
- virtual environments such as SecondLife,
- management systems,
- Web 2.0 applications
For the full call, please go to:
Proposal Submission Deadline: December 30, 2009
Full Chapter Submission Deadline: February 28, 2010
INQUIRIES, PROPOSALS AND SUBMISSIONS CAN BE SENT ELECTRONICALLY IN MS
Melody Bowdon, PhD
Department of English
University of Central Florida
Russell Carpenter, PhD
Noel Studio for Academic Creativity
Eastern Kentucky University